I suggest you ...

Better Video Distribution

I'm a paid subscriber, I'd like to be able to subscribe to my "subscriber" feed, and get all the latest videos available to me.

I'd also love a download link on the episode page, since every episode stops playing about 90 seconds in when watching in Chrome for Mac.

32 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jake Marsh shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cellgfx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use my private download feed with Downcast on the iPad and it's excellent. The only issue I face is that being in New Zealand, the download speeds are very slow, usually around 20kB/s. I'd love to see the videos provided using a CDN for better international speeds.

• AdminBen Scheirman (Admin, NSScreencast) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you tried the flash player? Google Chrome seems to have issues with the videos and their HTML 5 player.

Also, subscribers get a private video feed they can use to subscribe in iTunes to download the videos.

• 殿辉 聂 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a not-paid-yet user from china, there seems a little problems for me to play it online,if there's a download link like RalisCast, I think I'd like to pay for it : - )

• AdminBen Scheirman (Admin, NSScreencast) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ethan - I'm working with my video player provider to see what the fix is. They said "In the meantime, you can use Flash on Chrome" -- which sucks.

I'm looking into providing a fallback HTML 5 video player.

@Jake - Do you still want a download link on the videos? Or does the iTunes subscription suffice?

• Jake Marsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GRRRRRR I can't edit the title to correct my typo? GAAAAAAH, OCD is taking over... Must... Fix... Somehow....

Feedback and Knowledge Base